Events and activities from 2016.
- JIFRESSE Seminar presented by Dr. Tangdong Qu on Wednesday, September 14th entitled, "South Pacific subtropical gyre variability and its role in sea level rise."
- Dr. Miguel A. García-Garibay appointed as new dean of Physical Sciences, effective July 1, 2016
- Dr. Rong Fu appointed as Professor of Atmospheric Sciences and Associate Director of JIFRESSE, effective June 30, 2016
- May 20th Press Release led by JIFRESSE Project Scientist Son Nghiem on “Study Helps Explain Sea Ice Differences at Earth's Poles."
- JIFRESSE Seminar presented by Dr. Nicole-Jeanne Schlegel on Wednesday, May 18th entitled, "On deriving requirements for the surface mass balance forcing of a Greenland ice sheet model using uncertainty analyses."
Geoscience & Remote Sensing Society Chapter presents a distinguished
lecture event, "Remote Sensing with Multiple Satellite Sensors for Interdisciplinary Science Investigation of Arctic Sea Ice and Halogen Chemical Processes," by Son V. Nghiem on Wednesday, April 13th
Seminar presented by Dr. Le Kuai on Wednesday, March 30th entitled, “Hydrological
controls on the tropospheric ozone greenhouse gas effect.”
- JIFRESSE Seminar presented by Dr. Justin Stachnik on Wednesday, February 3rd entitled, "Using observations and a low-order dynamic model to study MJO events."