Program Objective: Provide UCLA undergraduate students an opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research under the guidance of experienced mentors at JPL and UCLA and strengthen the collaborations between JPL and UCLA.
- Be a continuing undergraduate student and eligible for 2023 fall quarter registration at UCLA. Exceptional graduate students may be considered.
- Complete three quarters at UCLA
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5/4.0
- Not under any academic or disciplinary sanction
- No past JSIP interns
- Not able to sponsor foreign students from designated countries (the restrictions apply to countries in any of the four columns in the list)
Announcement of Opportunity:
Available Opportunities (pending final approval)
The application materials include:
- A cover letter clearly stating the project of interest
- A resume
- A statement of research interest related to the project identified
- An unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (directly to email@example.com)
Please submit applications to Dr. Yu Gu, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 7, 2023. Please indicate your top 3 projects of interest. We will work with the mentors for confidential evaluations.
10-week, from June to September. Selected intern will receive a stipend of $7,100 for the ten-week period ($8,100 for a master student and $9,100 for a doctoral student).
At UCLA or JPL or remotely following UCLA and JPL guidelines for the summer of 2023.