JIFRESSE has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between UCLA and Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea. It was signed by Dr. Joseph Rudnick, Dean of the Division of Physical Sciences at UCLA, and Dr. Joong Gill Choi, Dean of the College of Science at Yonsei University. The objectives, scope, and major activities are as follows:
- Visits and informal exchanges of faculty, scholars and administrators in specific areas of education, research and outreach.
- Organization of joint conferences, symposia, or other scientific meetings on subjects of mutual interest.
- Exchanges of academic information and materials.
- Pursuance of avenues for graduate student exchange during the academic year or summer terms.
- Exploration of the possibilities for developing joint research programs and collaborations.
- Science collaborations on projects of mutual interest involving satellite remote sensing, environmental and climate modeling, instrument development and application.