Tuesday, December 6, 2022
The JIFRESSE Outstanding Research Award will be given to an early career scientist or a group of early-career scientists that are current JIFRESSE scientists or post-doctoral associates in recognition of outstanding contributions in research, educational or societal impacts in the areas of earth system science, engineering and data sciences, through collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches. The award will consist of a certificate, $1000 monetary award, an announcement at the JIFRESSE website, and recognition at the JIFRESSE annual open-house during the Award Presentation year.
- Nominees need to be current JIFRESSE members at the time of nomination and should be within 10 years of receiving their PhD or highest degree.
- Each nomination package should include the following:
- A nomination letter (not to exceed one page) stating how the nominee’s research activities at JIFRESSE have contributed to significant advances or impacts in an Earth science, applications, education, of outreach for the benefit of society.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae (not to exceed 2 pages).
- Up to two letters of support in addition to the nomination letter (not to exceed one page).
- A detailed list of publications from the nominee, which should include the number of citations for each publication (e.g., from Google Scholar).
- One or two publications (published or in-press) that illustrate the candidate's outstanding contributions.
Review Timeline and Process:
- The nomination package must be submitted by January 31th, 2023 via email to Nancy Hom email@example.com. Please label subject “Research Award | Name of Nominee.” The review process will be completed by February 28th, 2023.
- An Award Selection Committee will be appointed by the JIFRESSE Director to evaluate the nominations and consist of active JIFRESSE researchers as well as a member of the JIFRESSE leadership team.
- The JIFRESSE Director will select Awardee based on the Award Committee Evaluation.
Conflict of Interest Policy (COI Policy)
- Nominations can be submitted by any JIFRESSE affiliate members, including current or former supervisors, mentors, but not by family members and relatives, current or former mentees/students.